Thursday, December 4, 2014

Q & Away

Q: Where’s Q?
A: I don’t know. He must have dropped out of college.

Q: Unacceptable! Where the hell is he?
A: Hey! Mind your p’s and q’s.

Q: That’s what I’m trying to do. P is where he should be, in DEPAUL, yet Q has been dropped like Jeeves.
A: I don’t get the reference.

Q: Ask ask.com.
A: Um, OK.

Q: We’re getting off topic. Where did Q go?
A: Perhaps he got stuck in a long queue.

Q: Oh, hilarrrrrious.
A: I thought so.

Q: M-A-R-U? Are you serious?
A: Are you going to let this go?

Q: No. Where, I ask again, is Q?
A: I. Don’t. Know. Fact is, he’s gone, like the ink in a dried-out Bic pen. Yet you don’t seem convinced. You’re vigorously scribbling all over the proverbial page, pressing harder with each attempt. Accept it: Q, like the ink, is gone, and he’s not coming back.

Q: He must come back! MARQUETTE is incomplete without him. I will look for him.
A: Whatever. You’re not going to find him. You’d have better luck eating a bag of Doritos without getting orange cheese dust on your fingers.

Q: Stop being such a pessimist. I will find him! I will search the ends of the earth if that’s what it takes.
A: Don’t you think you’re being a tad melodramatic?

Q: Sorry. I can’t seem to escape my past as an actor on a telenovela.
A: ¡Dios mío!

Q: I’ve got to run. My search begins. One more thing, though: Do you think this post will garner a strong Q rating?
A: Undoubtedly! It merits widespread recognition. Acclaim is forthcoming. Soon we’ll be seeing it mentioned on maruees from coast to coast.

2 comments:

  1. When "Q" Richardson left DePaul after the 2001 season they have struggled since. Now with Q not part of the Marquette name they are off to a bad start this year.
    Q-incidence I don't know. Thanks for reminding me of another DePaul loss to their big rival. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it could be worse. You could root for the 76ers. There are no W's in Philadelphia. Well, there's one now, but there are a LOT more L's.

      Delete