• People travel on a plane but in a car.
• It’s normal to be on the toilet, but to be in the toilet is disgusting.
• One in six is a ratio, but one on six is an unfair fight.
• If your house is on the lake, you’re lucky. If your house is in the lake, you’re miserable.
• A guy with a knife on him is able to defend himself, while a guy with a knife in him didn’t defend himself well.
• The Most Beautiful Libraries in the World is a book on libraries, but To Kill a Mockingbird is a book in libraries.
• If a woman tells you a man has six inches on her, he’s half a foot taller. If she tells you he has six inches in her … um, TMI.
Enough dirty talk. Let’s turn on the lights and discuss today’s error, from an article about the release of the final trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Our illuminated (and illuminating) discussion reveals that on is anything but a bright spot. It’s time to turn on off.
That’s your cue, in. You’re on!
I’m sure the writer, now aware of his erroneous transcription, regrets his words. May the remorse be with him. (Ooh! That was an awful pun, huh? Kylo can I go?)
* A military organization inspired by the Galactic Empire