Monday, August 29, 2016

Remorse Code

007 373 596

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B

Beverly Hills, 9021

Old-school gamers and fans of ‘90s TV dramas know an incomplete code* doesn’t work. The same goes for “Code” names.

The photo below shows a political activist outside the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington, D.C., in May. She protested. Now I must do the same. I object to one of her signs. Why? Do I have to spell it out for you? Fine. P-I-N.

Shawn Thew / European Pressphoto Agency
Color me surprised.

The anti-war organization is Code Pink, yet someone pink-slipped an integral letter from the sign in the woman’s right hand. Listing CODEPIN.ORG is as useful as stating that your drive-through order is “to go.”

I believe that’s the group’s co-founder, Medea Benjamin, rocking the “PINK void” signs, which only exacerbates the problem. She must have forgotten the old adage**: The domain name must remain the same.

Next time, add a K. ‘Kay?

Think PINK.


* Curious about the actual codes? Inputting 007 373 5963 takes you directly to Mike Tyson in the Nintendo game Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! Pressing up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A at the title screen gives you 30 lives in the Nintendo game Contra. (Not that I ever needed them!) The Fox teen drama starring Brandon, Brenda, Dylan and Kelly, among others, is Beverly Hills, 90210.

** OK, so it’s not an old adage. I just made it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment