Wednesday, February 13, 2013

27, 28, 29, ?

My brother was reading an article on CareerBuilder's website titled "30 jobs that pay $30 per hour," and something didn't compute, so he sent a link my way. Thanks, Paul!

Anthropologists, with an hourly wage of $30.81, topped the list. Here is a sampling of other careers listed:

  9. Budget analyst
12. Statistician
16. Police detective


Can we hire No. 16? Someone has committed a petty crime. Why is the final entry in the list, "fashion designer," numbered 20? It's right there in the title: 30 jobs. Twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty. Any No. 9 math whiz or number-crunching No. 12 knows that.

I wonder if CareerBuilder would pay me $30 an hour to make sure all its numbered lists are in order, literally and figuratively. The website could count on me. That task would be as easy as 1, 2, 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment