Friday, February 14, 2014

Make "No" Mistake

I'll tee off today's post with a little background: The sentence pictured is from an article suggesting athletes refrain from handshaking because doing so could spread germs.

That's debatable. What's not debatable is that one of the words in the sentence is not the picture of health. I tried to give it a fair shake, but I couldn't.

Why?

Why not?

We have no no, and that's a no-no.

A t has fallen into the wrong hands, and we must shake it loose. Give me a germ-free hand, will you? I won't take no for an answer. Actually, I will take no for an answer.

No can do.

No will do.

So, readers, are you going to get your hands dirty and help me force not to hand over that unnecessary last letter?

You will?

Shake on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment