Monday, April 29, 2013

Don't Mess With Texas

Editor's note: To get the full effect of today's post, read it using your best Southern accent.


Howdy, y'all. I'm fixin' to write 'bout somethin' amiss deep in the heart of Texas. The Lone Star State is spelled with a lone s, not two. That second s couldn't be more outta place if it were a garden salad at the State Fair of Texas, where anything and everything is deep-fried and fried deeply.

Can we fix this "Tex mess" we've got here? I know everything is bigger in Texas, but this attempt at state expansion has me hotter than a Corpus Christi August.

Texas has the death penalty and employs it far more often than any other state. Here's another opportunity to put it to use. Let's kill that s, which entered the state illegally. I had no trouble rustling it up, though. This ain't my first rodeo, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment