Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Dunk Contest

I'm a basketball fan. Love, love, love to play. I also happen to be, at a towering 5'7", a homunculus, which relegates me to point guard duties during my weekly pickup games. I don't mind. I possess pretty good court vision. I see plays unfold. I see defenders trying to jump into passing lanes. I see teammates who need to cut to the hoop for easy baskets. I see words that need to be cut from captions. Wait, what? I suppose my ability to see things extends beyond the hardwood. That explains why catching today's error was a slam dunk.

I must slam the writer for abruptly sticking an extra word in this caption. Doing my best impression of an imposing shot-blocker (oh, to be tall!), I am contesting this dunk. Let's put it in the slammer and never allow it to see the light of day again.

No comments:

Post a Comment